Friday, August 19, 2011

The Last 10 Pounds



I have always thought that there should be a reality weight loss show called, "The Last 10 Pounds" because most people don't need to lose a 100lbs like on the Biggest Loser. Most of us have 10-15lbs we would love to lose, but it just never seems possible.
I have been struggling with this fact ever since BEFORE I had sophie. I really thought the weight would just come right off, and yes I lost the weight fast, but toning up is another story.
I love to exercise but it's so hard finding time or a babysitter to watch Sophie so I can workout.
Dieting is also not my thing. If I want ice cream, I'm going to have it! Life is waaayyy to short ya know.
But I think I have finally found something that has worked for me! It has worked so good that I've lost 6lbs in a month. SIX pounds! I haven't lost that much weight since high school (well i lost 24lbs when i gained it with sophie but that doesn't count.)
So here is my 'secret' that is easy, doesn't include crazy diets, and it has made me feel SO happy, healthy and I have so much more energy!

First of all I started walking every morning with Sophie. I put her in the stroller right after I feed her when she wakes up and we go walking. The way I get myself to walk even when I'm tired, I have a busy day, etc.:
-- I put my work-out clothes by my bed at night. The whole works, socks, shoes, etc.
-- I have the stroller right outside my door so it's easy to put her in and go out.
-- Sophie's clothes are also right by the bed with a new diaper and wipes so I can change her before we go.

I also use something that has changed the way I do things 100%.

It's called My Fitness Pal. IT"S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! 
This is why it has helped me FINALLY lose my last 10lbs:

--- You put in what you eat each day. It's an easy way to keep track of calories. So if I had eggs and oatmeal for breakfast, I enter it in and the serving size. And it tells me how many calories I had and lots of other info.
If I eat some ice cream or string cheese, i enter that in too and it knows the calorie info for those as well! It's really accurate!

--- You enter any exercise you've done. So even if I went walking for only 10 min. I enter it in and it gives me how many calories I lost (an estimate.)

So it will subtract the calories you lost from working out from how many calories you should eat a day.

It's hard to explain. But check out the website: www.myfitnesspal.com

It's totally free... I don't have to diet, and it helps motivate me when I realize how much calories I lose doing daily things (like taking sophie for a walk) and I promise it'll help you lose the weight.

I'm excited to continue walking with Sophie, hopefully getting a chance to hit the gym once in a while, and keeping track of what I eat.

Just 4 more pounds and I'm there!!!

No comments: