Tuesday, May 31, 2011

i'm mrs. big foot, nice to meet ya


top/tank/necklace: body central, jeans:thrifted, belt: boutique in cali, heels: ami




In junior high I was incredibly embarrassed of my feet. I thought they were HUGE.
I hated them so much that I never wore sandals in fear that someone would see my finger-toes.
Yes I have finger toes.
Oh dropped the remote? Don't worry... my finger toes will get it.
Ughhh....
I was in 8th grade when I was at an activity & I saw an older girl that I looked up to
with FINGER TOES!!
Yes she had big feet just like me! Yet she was wearing sandals so the whole world could see...
what was she thinking!?
What would people say when they saw her big feet?!

I just watched her the entire time in complete awe that her feet were just out in the open.
She was so confident, I could tell she embraced her big feet, finger toes and all.
It changed my perspective.
I could have big feet, long skinny toes, & no one would care!

I learned that day the importance of being confident in ourselves.
Did you know Paris Hilton has like a size 12?!
and I thought I had big feet...
She is the most confident girl I think here could be.

I really look up to people who are happy with who they are,
whether they are larger, smaller, or have big feet like me.
It's good to work on things we can,
but I think it's important to learn how to be confident with what we got!

(and p.s. my shoe size is 8 1/2-9 but i swear my toes are as long as my pinky finger)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I used to be sooo embarrassed by my feet too!!! I'm so glad I got over that. i actually love my feet now :)