Thursday, January 13, 2011

Spotlight- Tasha Brown

For the first spotlight I had to do the birthday girl! Tasha Brown is an amazing girl that I just had to introduce to you all...


Tasha is from Wamego, Kansas but currently lives in American Fork, Utah. I copied this from her facebook:
"After high school I went to BYU-Idaho got an associates in Business Marketing- then went to Utah Valley University and graduated with a Bachelors in Social Work. I have been married now for 3 1/2 years to a wonderful man- Ryan who is from Portland,Oregon. I never thought I would get married at 21- but this man just swept me off my feet and makes me SUPER HAPPY! We also were blessed with a little boy- Kaden who is now 16 months old and is the joy of our lives. I currently stay-at-home something I have always wanted to do- we are excited to have a young family & hopefully have many more of these little ones running around in the near future. Besides that- we love to travel & have fun!"

She is a very inspiring woman!
Favorite quotes:
"Our biggest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our biggest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson

LEAVE PEOPLE BETTER THAN YOU FOUND THEM! -my dad

You can choose to either be BITTER or BETTER from life's experiences- Mama Luc

What inspires you?
 Every person I come in contact with inspires me to be a better person. IT is not a coincidence that we run into someone that said exactly what we needed to her on a specific day. These are the Lord's tender mercies reminding us that he is aware of us and our needs. I love people and I love what they have to offer! Other's life experiences are far more inspiring then reading about them in a textbook.

What advice do you have for women?
First off, I love being a woman! We do things in such a special way that no one can replicate. The way we love, the way we care, the way we serve it can't be matched. We do so many unselfish acts of kindness that we may not get recognition for- but our "points" count up in heaven. Don't get so caught up in what the world has to offer because the little things you are doing every day will affect generations to come. THe world likes to down play the work us stay-at-home mom's do because we are sooo powerful. We know our purpose and we are POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. Be who you are that is the most beautiful thing- REMEMBER YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE YOU ARE WOMAN!

Tasha always has great projects she's working on. Here are some she worked on in 2010:
Genealogy Project- I wanted to draw closer to my family so I organized a list of 38 questions that I asked my husband and I's mom and dad, grandparents, and great grandparents. Some of these questions included, "What is your proudest accomplishment?" "Who was your first love?" "What is one things WE can do to make your life more enjoyable?" I also included pictures from their past and had a quote underneath their picture that best described them and what they stood for. My hope in doing this is one day my children will be able to look back and KNOW their grandparents & if they ever struggle with something they might be able to recognize someone in their family that went through similiar and see how they got through it. It took me nearly 120 + hours but when done was so meaningful to my family and I!

Another project I did this year was put together a mission memoir for my husband. SO many times I feel that missionaries don't get the recognition they need for two years of unselfish service. I compiled my husband's missionary map, companions, dates of service, pictures, favorite missionary scripture, etc. He said it was the "best gift he ever received!" We have it hanging on our wall and it has brought lots of memories up of his mission as we see it often. It will also be a good reminder to our children as they grow older.

Lastly, I was able to participate in the largest Breast Cancer Walk for women. My husband's aunt died of Breast Cancer and his aunt is currently going through chemo again for Breast Cancer. I felt inspired to participate and do something BIG! With a little boy I didn't know how I would be able to raise thousands of dollars to walk & train for 60 + miles. I did anywhere from thirty minutes a day- two hours from February- July and was able to accomplish my goal. I met so many amazing women along the way and it made me realize that we are all capable of doing "hard things." Our team name was "Big or Small Save Em' All." I am glad that I was stretched out of my comfort zone to do something larger then myself.

Tasha Says:
 "Don't be afraid to try something new. It is the day to day things that will truly make a difference in your life. Become good with your time and you will be amazed at all you can do!"




1 comment:

20 YORK STREET said...

Wow, she's beautiful and I resonate with the quote! We do have a lot of power, a lot of talents to show to world!

Stay Happy and Positive!

besos,

ML


20 YORK STREET