I don't know what it is about this picture, but I tear up every time I see it.
I loved playing the piano growing up. I would sit for hours just figuring out what the notes were, how to read the music, and often times making up my own songs (even if they were only a few notes over and over again---my poor family!)
Music has always been a very important part of my life. If I was having a hard day, or stressed about something, a few minutes of playing on the piano & I felt 100% better.
There are some days where I just LONG to play the piano. For some people it might be riding a horse, or going for a run, or reading a book, but for me, I miss playing the piano.
Some day when I have a real home, I am going to get me a piano.
I'm going to play it every day, & teach my little Sophie to have a love for music too.
I taught myself almost everything I know when it comes to playing. I was lucky enough to have a sister who played & I would watch her & get tips from her. And teachers in choir who gave me the opportunity to play a song during a concert where I'd really have to push myself to learn the notes.
I think the greatest achievement for me was when I got to play the piano for my college graduation.
I actually volunteered to do it, even though I knew it would be crazy stressful & nerve wrecking to play in front of so many people. To me, it was a challenge, and one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.
My favorite quote that I say over & over & over again is:
"That which is easily gained, is lightly valued." And I swear it's my life motto.
Learning to play the piano wasn't easy, and I'm not the best, heck I can't even count or tell you the name of all the notes. BUT I worked hard at learning how to play, and I looove playing & it means more to me now.
I think the reason I tear up seeing this picture, is because I am so excited to share with her all the great things this world has to offer. What a blessing it is to share with her something that means so much to me.
And honestly,for being one, she has amazing posture & hand position on those keys. :)
I just love my little Sophie....

3 comments:
She is too cute! Already so musical :)
awww thats such a lovely photo xx
LOVED this post. YOU PLAYED PIANO FOR COLLEGE GRADUATION??! where was I?? I didn't know this! This pic of Sophie is sooooooo cute and yes, she DOES have great posture and hand position :)
Post a Comment