Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sophie's Winter "One"derland 1st Birthday Party

My little Sophie turned one on the 4th of December & we had her winter 'one'derland party.
It was so fun planning her special day. Here is a picture overload of the party details.

I made this invite on Photoshop. We took the pictures in our living room. we're cheap like that. :)



I had only FIVE min. to decorate her cake. I made two 9 inch round cakes, stacked them on top of each other and frosted them all over with cream cheese frosting. Then i covered in coconut & sprinkles. I added the christmas decorations so it didn't look so plain. I ended up loving the cake!

I knew there would be lots of kiddos at the party so i made sure to have a kids table!
Chicken nuggets in cupcake wrappers & yogurt in cups were the perfect thing for the kids to eat!

I really wanted to make personalized cupcake toppers for the party. They said: one, sophie noelle, and happy birthday.
 I made them in photoshop & printed them on sticker paper. I stuck them on toothpicks to put on the cupcakes.

I loved my strawberry cupcakes & covered strawberries. The cupcakes i used a strawberry mix with strawberry frosting. I put sprinkles on them & the topper. The strawberries i dipped in pink candy melts. YUMM!

I wanted all my desserts to fit in with the colored theme so i drizzled candy melts over the popcorn. SO easy & surprisingly very good! I will definitely do this more often!

Winter "one"derland dessert table


I will NEVER make cake pops again! I redid it too many times, and it still turned out awful. My snowmen ended up being 'melting' snowmen. You bake a cake, let it cool down, and then crumble it into small pieces in a bowl. Then you mix in frosting (but not too much!) and then roll them into balls. You put them on top of each other and stick a sucker still in it. You let it cool and then dip it in melted chocolate, or candy melts like I used. I put sprinkles on for the face & buttons. I wrapped them in clear gift bags with ribbon and had it for guests to take home.


I saw this idea all over pinterest. I got really thick cardboard paper & taped pieces together.Then I used tissue paper and cut them in stripes and taped all over it. The kids at the party really loved the pinata!



Drizzled popcorn, dipped pretzels, dipped marshmallow's , strawberry marshmallows, cupcakes & white donuts.
For the dipped marshmallows, I got strawberry marshmallows & dipped it in white candy melts that I dyed blue. Then I put a candy pearl sprinkle on the top. They turned out so cute!

I didn't have time to print of the label for the "snow buddies" but it's the muddy buddies you make with chexs cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar. I love these things!

Lots and lots of candy! I tried searching for pink/white/blue candy. I found lots of stuff! Shown: wafers, taffy, animal crackers, strawberry whoppers, nuggets, almondy joy candies, & the other goodies.

Most of the decorations came from walmart & the dollar store!

Sophie loved it!

The rest of the kid's table. Apples, crackers, chips & dips, strawberry milk, juice, yogurt, and the chicken nuggets

I love my little birthday girl!


Pinata time!

.

Sophie Noelle's 1st Winter 'One'derland Party-- success!


No comments: