Monday, September 26, 2011

Spotlight-- Lindsey Marlor


Meet Lindsey. Oh my goodness this girl knows what she is doing when it comes to creativity. She is the one that took Sophie's newborn pictures, and I new before I even got pregnant that I wanted her to take them!
Not only is she an amazing photographer but she is incredibly talented in design, decorations, &every thing in between. If you check out her blog you will see what I mean! I am obsessed with it!  CLICK HERE

Here is all about Lindsey:

Tell me about yourself/family:I was born and raised in Memphis, TN where I attended a Catholic school growing up.. a mormon attending a catholic school?! whaaat? haha well let's just say it's my most favorite memories and my best friends never judged me for who I was and helped me become who I am today! I have only one sister who is my best friend and 3 years older than me, she attended BYU-Idaho so I kinda followed in her foot steps and roomed with her at college. College is where I met my husband who swept me off my feet.  We were married March 31st, 2006. Lived life to the fullest and traveled everywhere we could and welcomed our first baby girl, Lexi,  a little over a year ago. She is the most challenging and rewarding thing we have ever done!

When/why did you get into photography?It's kinda funny how I got into photography.. I was obsessed with taking pictures which all started in middle school. In high school I took a class (which was the film & dark room era) I fell in love with it then and me and my friends would stay after class or school processing prints and goofing off. I never really thought about going into photography because it seemed like old men were the stereotypical type and it didn't seem all too interesting at the time.
I studied Communication and Advertising in college so I had to take a variety of classes dealing with media.
I had taken an intro to Photography class.. I didn't have a camera where I could work manual and I actually decided I never wanted to be a photographer because Aperture & Shutter seemed too complicated to fathom. (of course it will if you can't follow along with the correct kind of camera)
It was probably a year later when I was laying in bed and I decided one night I was going to do it for reals. I thought up my entire Photography blog look and designed it the next day. I mainly started shooting places. I love creating "visual media" (which I had taken a couple of classes in that category throughout college) I think those classes are really what pushed me and my creativity. We got a nicer camera where I could use manual, learned how to use it, researched on the internet almost everything I needed to know, and grew from there. I realized in order to make money I had to start shooting people. So thats what I started to do a year later.
My style continues to change and grow, I look back now and see what I first started with and you will see a drastic change which makes me laugh.  But you gotta start somewhere!!



What are some tips you have for a beginner?- I would definitely buy a camera where you can manually change the manual settings (aperture & shutter).
- Research how to use your camera. (you can find tutorials all over the internet)
- Try working without a flash to obtain the picture quality that you desire. Natural Light does wonders to images and it won't give harsh lighting or leave nasty shadows.
- The more you shoot the more you will grow. I learned mostly from trial & error!!
CLICK HERE for photography blog.

What can readers find at your blog A Pillow Thought?
This too was created from one of those laying in the bed can't go to sleep moments. Hence the name "Pillow Thought", my brain doesn't seem to want to go to sleep when my head hits the pillow so a lot of nights I think of endless things and so I decided to start gearing my creative thoughts into this blog.. I'll do a weekly recap in pictures of what I saw in the previous week, a Tuesday's Look, Fun finds, Thursday's Tips, & a Friday's Film.. It gets kinda random at times but I post about whatever is on my mind right then and there.

Check out her website full of creative ideas, fun videos & pictures, and great tips for every day life!
CLICK HERE

2 comments:

lindsey said...

thanks Britt! your too sweet!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Love that carriage picture. What talent!