Thursday, September 22, 2011

5 Year Annivesary-- How It All Began...

 

Oh my goodness. Next month is my 5 year anniversary.
 FIVE years?! Really??
These years have flown by.
In five years we have:
Moved 7 times
Traveled to 6 different states
Had 1 baby
Started 2 businesses
Worked at 6 different jobs
and SO much more.

Here is how it all began...

I decided VERY last minute to go to Byu-Idaho in Rexburg for college. Mostly because I got enough scholarships to pay for my first year, and because my best friend was going there with me!

Ashley, me, Emily, Mary. First Roomies & First Day of College!
We stayed at the dorms our first semester and were very active up on campus.
We played volleyball, basketball, and tried to be as social as possible!
My second semester we moved to a different complex and my friend wanted to play basketball again.
I wasn't too sure because it was time consuming with practice on weekdays and the games on the weekends. On the LAST day of try-outs I went with her, and that's where I saw HIM.


As we were leaving try-outs I saw this cuuuuuute tan boy, with perfect hair (haha), shooting around.
I made a fool out of myself and tried to strike up conversation with him and also helped put back his try-out number on his jersey. It was falling off, and we wouldn't want that to happen.
As time went on, we would see each other at basketball games and at one particular game, I noticed him watching ME the entire game! I was so nervous, and luckily I did good.
As soon as my game was over, I RAN to the locker room, got changed, and found him about to leave.
We talked for a bit and he got my number, and later that night he stopped by my apt!
I was such a nutcase the entire night, and usually i'm not nervous around anyone.
I honestly thought he was just a pretty boy who could play sports when i first met him.

2nd time hanging out with him watching the Super Bowl game & wearing his jersey from high school.
I couldn't believe he was from a small town like me, that he loved history, reading, owned his own business, worked on a farm, and the fact that he LOVED sports was a huge bonus in my book!
I had a very picky list of traits I wanted in a husband. I made it when I was probably 12.
I was pretty picky, and I wanted the perfect guy.
Daman honest fit every single thing I put down.
Does that ever happen??
I was in love. BUT... he was the first one to tell me he loved me,
and I have never let him live that down haha.

First picture taken together while dating. We had just went bridge jumping!
He told me he loved me in the cutest way possible, and it took me 3 days later to tell him those words back.
We were each other's first loves, and later that year we got married.
I was 19, he was 24. Yes... he robbed the cradle for sure!
One year anniversary.
Here we are 5 years later. Back in the same town where we fell in love,
and now have a sweet 9 month-old girl.

 I never thought the guy I met at the gym that day would be the father of my little girl.
             I never thought our first kiss together would be my LAST first kiss.
                       and I really never thought the day he told me he loved me, would change my life forever!
                              
So here is to the last 5 years babe!
2nd year, in california!

3rd year riding horses along the beach in napa. and yes i had to wear a helmet.. ugh.


4th year (but really i think it was our 3rd year but i can't find a picture from last year haha)

our little family.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Soo sweet! Ya'll are too cute! Happy five year anniversary!

Kara said...

what a cute story. funny that you said you were nervous around him for the first time and never get nervous that was the same way w/keith and I, I was so nervous to talk to him and I was never like that w/other guys. I didn't know you were 19! I had just barely turned 20 and keith was 26 sounds similar :)

Tasha said...

loveit! you guys are cute. tell daman to smile more in his pictures =) he looks less intimidating .haha

Unknown said...

Aww this is so sweet!!! You two have made such a beautiful family!!! Happy Anniversary next month!!! :D

Stephanie Madsen said...

awwwwwwww you are too cute! I remember all the effort you would put into his birthdays! i miiiiiis you!

Lisa said...

awww I cannot believe I missed this post its so lovely.

xx