Friday, March 4, 2011

utah driving

top: forever21, belt: vanity vest: aero


so i'm utah bound. oh boy...
 i have to admit that i used to not be a very good driver.
in fact  i've had some pretty bad experiences driving in utah.
growing up in wyoming, i didn't exactly ever have to drive in a "city".
the cities i did drive in had like 4,000 people. HUGE huh?
i was used to driving on one-lane, dirt roads.
it's simple. that's the way it should be.
BUT in college we decided to go down to salt lake city for the weekend.
While we were driving in downtown salt lake, i found myself at the stoplight...
 in the wrong lane.
I didn't realize this until i looked in front of me & noticed the cars in front were in MY line.
i guess i just kinda forgot about the two-lane thing.
that happens to lots of people i'm sure...  
i tried to keep my cool & act like the people in front of me were the crazy ones...
It didn't work.
They all knew-
 the car full of girls, with the wyoming license plate had parked in the wrong. freakin. lane.
so as soon as the light went green i FLOORED it & turned left.
i almost died that day
and then also later in the day...
( when i forgot about the two-lane thing again.)

moral of my story: driving in utah makes me nervous. BUT don't worry. I'm an expert now.
(i drive a nissan xterra, 1M license plate-- just in case you wanted to stay off the roads today)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Haha, driving makes me nervous, too. I hope you have a fun trip!!

Bre said...

Too funny! I learned to drive in Salt Lake. I'm glad to hear you made it out alive.
Cheers,
Bre