So you probably already know this girl...
She's pretty famous here in rexburg,
but I wanted to do a spotlight on her anyways!
I met Brandilyn because she is a fellow clothing business owner.
She & her husband are the owner's of Panache in Rexburg, Idaho.
I've been wearing lots of her stuff lately & i LOVE it.
Check out Panache here.
(And it's "Puh-Nash" people, not pancake -come on.)
So here's a little bit about Brandilyn:
Tell me about yourself: I'm Brandilyn! I grew up riding horses and doing yoga in the San Francisco Bay Brea. Now, I live in sunny (ha, ha) Rexburg, Idaho with my cute husband David. I'm working on my degree in English/Creative Writing, which I'm passionate about. I like to write fiction and creative nonfiction, cook with David, and snowboard...also I'm sort of obsessed with cats.
When did you decide to open Panache?
I was job hunting in the Fall of 2008, right after we got married, and found out that the woman running a business in the building was trying to get rid of it. David and I decided to jump on the opportunity! We opened on October 10, 2008, and it's been a blast ever since.
What's your favorite quote/ words to live by:"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne
"Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, 'you owe me.' Look what happens with a love like that--it lights up the whole word." -Hafiz
What advice do you have for others interested in starting a business or being a business owner:
Just do it! I've met so many people who say, "Oh, I could never open my own business," or, "maybe someday I could do something like that." Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it! There is nothing more rewarding than being your own boss and seeing a business that you've put your heart and soul into do well.
When did you decide to open Panache?
I was job hunting in the Fall of 2008, right after we got married, and found out that the woman running a business in the building was trying to get rid of it. David and I decided to jump on the opportunity! We opened on October 10, 2008, and it's been a blast ever since.
What do you like most about owning your own business:
I love the freedom that comes with being my own boss--I can do homework when traffic is slow and I only work with people I enjoy being around. Also, a big part of my job is shopping online. It doesn't get better than that!
What inspires you?As far as Panache goes, I'm inspired by other small business owners (like Brittany!), gorgeous display windows (anthropologie, anyone?), and handmade, colorful accents.
Personally, I'm inspired by my family, the Autumn season, and beautiful writing.What's your favorite quote/ words to live by:"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne
"Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, 'you owe me.' Look what happens with a love like that--it lights up the whole word." -Hafiz
What advice do you have for others interested in starting a business or being a business owner:
Just do it! I've met so many people who say, "Oh, I could never open my own business," or, "maybe someday I could do something like that." Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it! There is nothing more rewarding than being your own boss and seeing a business that you've put your heart and soul into do well.
This girl is awesome. She's very down to earth & has great taste in clothing & accessories.
She's just one of those people that you know will do a lot of great things in life.
Get to know her-- check out her lifestyle/fashion blog!


4 comments:
just so you know, I'd heard of her store but never heard of her, but I HAD heard of YOU before! hehe, so maybe you are more famous! anyway, check out my hair blog, I'm going to try to post more often.
http://lookhotintheburg.blogspot.com/
you're so nice for spotlighting me! i feel so honored!! i know i've said this before, but i'm continually impressed with the way you handle yourself and your business and the way you reach out to other people. thank you!!
looks like a lovely shop! Wish it was closer to me! x
i love branilyn! her style is fresh, doable, and fabulous. what a great spotlight choice. :)
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com
Post a Comment