Sunday, February 13, 2011

my vday loves

blah.
that is exactly how we feel today! blaaah. i started getting sick at the beginning of the week & now my husband and baby are too :(
we look like death.
BUT i'm pretty excited for tomorrow. I love valentines day and i always have! My mom would leave us candy and flowers on our bed with a note telling us how much she loved us and other great things about us. She would always put it on our bed so when we got home from school, it would be there. I love this tradition.
We decided to do something similar for our little Sophie. Each year we are both going to write her a letter telling her all the things we love about her. Right now we love how she smiles when we say 'i love you' (i should post a video of this. seriously cutest thing ever.)
We also love how happy she is in the morning at 7am... we try to convince her to go back to sleep... i sometimes forget she doesn't understand me :)
But there are so many little things she does right now that we are absolutely in love with & I think each year we can write about those things. It will be a fun thing to look back on.


This is our 6th vday together! This is how we met:

My friend ashley convinced me to try-out for basketball with her up at college. We had done it the semester before but this semester I wanted a break. Buuuuut I finally went with her to the last day of try-outs. As we were getting done and about to leave, I saw a cute guy shooting around. Daman was getting reading for the guy try-outs. I was very outgoing and so as we were leaving I went up to him and started talking. his number was falling of his jersey, and I insisted to pin it back on for him, and so I did. I was very nervous and acting very freshman-like, and i'm sure he was not interested whatsoever (i'm sure of this fact because he has told me haha).
So I kept seeing him that week because we both had basketball games. I would talk to him a bit, but nothing more. I had a game that Saturday and during my game, I saw him there! I got so nervous, and I remember trying so hard to do good that I actually did pretty horrible. After my game I hurried to the locker to get my stuff and came back out to find him. I ran into him right as he was leaving & after talking for a bit, he got my number. I told him about 5 times that he should stop by our apt sometime.
Later that night, he and his friend stopped by. We ended up talking til 2am just about everything. I was blown away that this guy was not actually just a pretty boy like he seemed. He liked to read, was raised in a small farm town, grew up playing sports, & we actually had a ton in common.
So a couple months went by and we spent every free minute together. I had never told a guy i loved them, and he had never said it to anyone either. But only a few months (MONTHS) went by and he told me he loved me.
.... and then 3 days later i told him i felt the same way.
I love rubbing it in his face that i didn't tell him i loved him back right away AND that he told me he loved me first. we're kinda competitive like that...  :D
We got married in October 2006- we didn't wait around- and now over 4 years later here we are!
He really is my best friend. He knows everything about me and still loves me... that's crazy!
Because of him, i have the most amazing little girl!
here is a picture overload:





5 comments:

Quirky Homemaker said...

Great Pictures! I'm following from Crafty Mommy Diva!
Michelle
http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

mj said...

i agree. i love the pictures. and i think the idea of a love note every year is pretty cute.

Marie said...

I think that tradition your mom started is the cutest thing ever, I might just have to start doing that. It was so fun to read your story and see all the pictures! I don't think I know anyone who looks good in so many different hair colors! Seriously, you look so great with every single one! :)

Lisa said...

Such lovely photos you look so good together.
You make a really cute couple.
x

Randy and Ashley said...

Oh Britt I miss you! I'm so glad that I made you do things that you never really wanted to do :D
I thank YOU for moving to the Ridge and taking me with you :D