Wednesday, January 26, 2011

your free personal trainer


yes that is me. well sort of. For Christmas I asked for "getting back in shape" type of things. So my husband got me workout clothes and... a personal trainer at our gym for three months. THREE months! Best gift ever for someone who just had a baby.
SO I go to her once a week and then the rest of the week I continue to do the things I did with her during our session. And now, I will pass on the information to YOU! (free of charge my friends.)
The after-pregnancy body is so different than your pre-pregnancy body. It's mushy. (best way to describe it)
So here is what I'm doing:

30 min. 1st session
-jump rope 3 min.
-squats 15 reps
-lunges with weights in each hand 15 reps
(repeat 3 times)
-butterfly sit ups where you lay on your back and have your legs flat on the ground and hands to the side. you do crunches while bringing up your arms and feet up 15 reps
-planks (you go in the push-up position but you just rest on your forearms and hold yourself up) 1 min.
- use an exercise ball and get on your hands and knees. Put the ball in front of you and put your hands on the ball. Roll the ball forward and back 15 reps
(repeat 3 times)

30 min. 2nd session
-walk on the treadmill at pace 3.5-- 3 min.
-jog at pace 5.5-- 3 min.
- run at pace 6.5-- 3 min.
-jog at pace 5.5-- 3 min.
-run at pace 6.5-- 2 min.
-sprint at pace 7.0-- 1 min.
-slowly bring it back down to walking pace and walk--1 min.
-get off treadmill and lay on your back (preferably not on the treadmill ;) but on a mat)
- up downs 15 reps (you jump up in the air reaching your hands up in the sky, hit the ground and do a push up and then jump back up again)
- planks 1 min.
- crunches with your feet in the air and reaching to touch your toes 15 reps
- sit up with your legs out flat in front of you. do crunches and bring your knees toward you as you do them 15 reps
- use a medicine ball and do crunches while twisting your body side to side with medicine ball in hand

okay okay okay, so some of that is really hard to explain. I will try to do a little video showing you what to do. The thing I like about these exercises the most, are the fact that they can be done at home. The running is the only thing that would need to be done at a gym or outside.
My trainer is making me a diet plan next week so I will post that with recipes as well.
The session I did yesterday with the running KILLED ME. I have always worked-out and I was in track in high school so I have ran before, but never in intervals like that. She said by doing interval running, you burn more calories and you also boost your metabolism. Running in intervals for 15 min. is better than running at a higher speed for 30min. (or so she says)

I will post every week & I'll try to post little videos to show you how to do them. You're welcome. :)
haha so true right?


3 comments:

Alexis Kaye said...

dang girl! Work it out!!! P.s. you AND your baby are absolutely beautiful!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

I could have totally used a trainer after my first. Luckily I got Wii Fit to help me. Although it didn't help me fit into my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding 4 months later(you forget your boobs can get bigger too!)

Thanks for sharing. I'll need this after April.

Love the comic strip. So true!

Oh and thanks for the comment - once you get more into the blogging world, you'll see so many more talented people than me!

Tasha said...

I will totally have to use this work out. I swear my lunges, free weights, and planks! Try planks on the ball. Yikes-those suckers burn.

Thanks for the free advice!