Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How To Layer Clothing


How To Layer

I have gotten a few e-mails and questions about layering clothes.
Layering is something I do in basically every outfit.
Especially with kids, I feel like sometimes layering is essential because you are bending down, reaching, always on the move, and you need clothes that cover everything while you are moving,
but also looks super cute.
Layering isn't just because it's practical, but also to make something ordinary look really really cute!

Ignore the keys around my neck... these pics were taken at work! :)
My photoshop skills are not the best, but with a slouchy sweater, I love pairing it with a belt!
 A long necklace would be perfect with this outfit.


I really LOVE vests. Some are shorter & small, but I love these flowy types that are really in right now.
They can make the most simple top, look really classy.

Okay I admit that my Photoshop in this pictures was awful, but I was in a hurry! I love putting really unique & cute tanks over a basic top. I have about 10 down east basic tops that I wear under almost everything.
Lace, floral, & tanks with prints look really cute over a basic top. You can also put a cardigan & belt over it all.

This is one of my favorite layering things to do. A cardigan or sweater with a flowy tank & a cute belt.

*** all tops & accessories are from Wet Seal (the basic top is from Down East)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am definitely a fan of layering...love all your cute examples! You rock at it! =) Have a great day!