Friday, August 26, 2011

How do you?



How do you find time for yourself during a busy day?
How do you sleep when your mind won't shut off?
How do you call a friend when you feel like you don't have one spare minute?
How do you eat healthy when those cookies look too darn good?
How do you feel at peace while the world seems to be falling apart?
How do you learn to love and forgive those who don't seem to deserve it?
How do you make a dream a reality when it seems so unrealistic?
and how in the world do you make pancakes so they don't get so dang gooey in the middle?!

I will tell you.

I wake up a little earlier than my husband and baby, and take time to think of all my blessings.
I forget about my next day's to-do list and think of happy things and a future that I can't wait for.
I call them when i'm driving, or while baby is sleeping.
I still eat the cookies, but I make myself sit in the corner after doing so... or I try to exercise a bit.
I pray and pray and pray and pray. And then I try to make a difference.
Once again, I pray. I pray for them and for me. I try to understand their perspective.
I do it. I go for it, and if I fail, I won't have any regrets of "what if."
This I do not know. I hate making pancakes, and maybe they seem easy, but nooo. They are horrible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a waffle maker ;)

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

LOL sitting in the corner. Great tips. Do you make your pancakes from scratch or use a mix? I finally found out how to make my pancakes fluffy.