Wednesday, February 23, 2011

EGGsactly What You're Lookin For--Hair Tips!


In high school, I used to make my hair curly & scrunchy (yes that's a word) with egg whites.
Over the years I have found out there are many more uses for these little guys!

Benefits of Egg for Hair"Eggs are very rich in proteins and vitamin B. So, raw eggs when applied on hair help to strengthen it and promote its growth, as hair is basically made of protein. Along with protein, the egg white contains some enzymes that can inhibit the growth of bacteria, which can help to keep the scalp healthy. On the other hand, egg yolk is rich in fats, so it helps to deeply moisturize hair strands.
The fatty acids found in egg yolk can make hair shiny and glossy, and prevent dandruff and hair loss. The egg yolk also contains many essential vitamins such as, vitamin A, D and E. These hair vitamins are very important for growing healthy hair. Vitamin A and E help to prevent dryness of hair, while vitamin D promotes hair growth."


To Replace Hair Gel:
1. Using only the egg whites, beat two eggs until it's kinda frothy.
2. Mix in 1 spoonful of sugar.
3. Mix thouroughly.
4. Apply to towel dried hair.
5. Brush through hair making sure it is evenly distributed.
6. Using a towel, scrunch the hair.
7. Spray hairspray all over the hair.
 You're all done! My hair always seems healthier the next time I shampoo & condition it from having the egg on my hair all day.

For Shiny Hair:
1. Using the entire egg, beat well in a bowl. ( I use two because I have longer hair)
2. Put the egg all over your dry hair. Brush it through your hair.
3. Leave egg in hair for 10 min.
4. Rinse out the egg with cooler water.
5. Shampoo & condition your hair as normal.
 Your hair will look so shiny & healthy!

For Hair Growth
1. Using two eggs, mix in 1 cup of yogurt until frothy.
2. Add in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice & honey and mix it. (You can also use olive oil instead)
3. Apply to hair thouroughly & leave in for 15 min.
4. Rinse your hair with cool water

Try these out & you will be amazed I promise!!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Hey these are good tips, thanks! I've never tried eggs in my hair, but this makes me want to try :) I have loved all your recent posts!

bre said...

REally? LIke...you really put eggs in your hair? I thought that was just something they did on tv...lol, I think I'd be too scared to try this.

Good to know that it really is real though...

Learning said...

Thanks so much for the tips! I'll have to give them a try!

http://fasionablylearning.blogspot.com/